Sunday, April 18, 2010

The 2 P's

Passion and Perseverance have been coming up in the world around me.  Whether I am listening to talks or reading, these two powerful words are present everywhere. 

Perseverance is a team sport that requires the giving, as well as, the receiving of encouragement.  Since Spring Break,  every message, lesson, and concept seems to be clicking with my treasures.  The understanding of math concepts begun in December is clicking.  Utilizing classroom resources for their inquiry writing is becoming ingrained and thinking about their next read is a constant.  My treasures have persevered because of daily encouragement from myself,  their peers, and their family.  They keep on keeping on because they know someone will be there to encourage them throughout their endeavors.  Springtime is when all our hard work is blossoming from the long, hard winter and we reap the rewards from our encouragement.

Passion:  using your natural talent to drive your personal passion.  Last year, I fell in love with The ELEMENT by Sir Ken Robinson.  His entire message centers on passionate living and finding our path.  If we are passionate about what we do, getting up in the morning isn't a chore; it's our destiny.  For me, I need to reread his book.  Not because I'm not passionate about my teaching.  Teaching is my passion.  Teaching is my destiny.  Teaching is my love.  But, because I need to keep on keeping on to renew that passion for my love of learning.

Passion and Perseverance:  together they can change everything!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder of the two P's, Shelly! I really needed it!

    ReplyDelete