Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

I am always on the lookout for video clips to share with my class on inspiration and making a difference.  But, many of the sites are blocked, or I need to convert it at home to a file I can open at school.  The system's worked for me, but tedious.

Values.com was shared by some guidance counselors at Leadership Academy.  I now have my one stop shopping for inspiration and the website is not blocked at school.  There are quotes, clips, good news, stories and more.  It's like the Hallmark of the feel good moment, and just as sappy!!  The world would be a better place if all the tv commercials and billboards were replaced with inspiration from this website.

This summer has been an awakening on many levels, and I'm heading back to school with a new sense of purpose.  I wrote earlier about a parent's plea for their child:   
Expect,  Don't Accept.
I found a clip for that very goal:  The Track Coach  Watch it and enjoy a feel good moment today!!!


"The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it."  Richard David Bach

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to my visit to values.com I am thinking of calling over my neighbor to view with me, she is our school counselor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete