Saturday, May 8, 2010

Web 2.0 Tools

After my son's birthday party (wild!!!), I needed some quiet downtime, so I began "playing" online.  Life has been funny these last few months because I've had little time to allow myself to "play" and find something new.  I've struggled to write and struggled to find some sense of calm, but tis the end-of-the year season and that's the way it is.

My friend, Tony at Learn me Sumthin', is always inspiring me to do more.  Whether he knows it or not, I come away from district meetings wanting to challenge myself after talking to him.  Tonight, I typed Web 2.0 tools into google and came up with this hub called Go2Web20 .  It's an index of many Web 2.0 tools and categorized for easy finding.  While I haven't tried to see if it's blocked at school, I'm wondering what all could take place if our students knew of this Web Hub of applications.  There's kid video sites, survey sites, art sites, educational game sites, collaboration tools, and more.  What if purposeful assignments took place on a Web 2.0 tool?  What if students' could not wait until they could get online to continue their learning?  What if....?  So many avenues to explore.  I'm going to be thinking about what I can do with this site and see how to use it purposefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment