Monday, October 19, 2009

Workshop Wonder

After compiling all our landform video for the virtual museum, I gave the flip cam to my treasure, N. He is an absolute marvel with technology and that domain is his passion and where he shines. His face lights up and is quick to offer suggestions when I'm dealing with technology "opportunities" in my classroom. So, he was an obvious choice for my mission. His goal was to walk into the classroom with the flip cam on and capture moments of engagement during our Creation Station.

What he captured was more than I could imagine! Through his eyes, one is able to understand the workshop. He caught on film what the meaning of differentiation is. While there are have-to's in school and in life, there is also choice. Choice to let our passions shine. Choice to learn in our own way. Choice to be who we are. My treasures are Embracing Learning, Embracing the Workshop, and Embracing their Passions! Enjoy!.

3 comments:

  1. Great video! Thanks for giving us a peek into your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and will be sharing this with my own students to show them how composing workshops look in another school in the same district!

    ReplyDelete