Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Putting Myself Out There

I shared with my class today how I couldn't remember what was happening in my book Sent. They brainstormed reasons why I wasn't very far when I clearly enjoy this author...not interested, sick, read at school, a lot of home stuff to do, and more. I asked them for help to keep me accountable. I promised to read a chapter every night, post-it my thinking, and share the next day.

I also did this with an article I've been meaning to write since September. Using the Elmo, I shared my thinking and notes, where I quickly write everything that comes to mind. Next, I organize it into a sequence that the reader will understand. As I was sharing my thinking, they were getting the analogy that I was trying to make. Tomorrow, I'm going to begin a shared writing experience.

My goal is for my treasures to understand that authentic writing takes time. Authentic writing is messy. Authentic writing needs an audience.

Day One: of the Mrs. Archer Accountability Action Plan. We'll see where it takes us.

1 comment:

  1. "Day One: of the Mrs. Archer Accountability Action Plan. We'll see where it takes us." This cracks me up. So YOU.

    Um...how's that accountability thing going two weeks later??? :-)

    ReplyDelete